Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 May 2015

Random #1

Kambua (left) and Makena, amazing Kenyan-based gospel artistes .

Hello there:)
I titled this 'Random #1' :
i) because it is random😛
ii) because there are many more to come
iii) because randomness is like my seventh name.. Hehe..

Allow me to briefly tell you how this whole idea of starting to blog came about..
Writing turns out to be one of those several aptitudes that God gifted me with. From my primary school days at ACK Thika Memorial School, I used to write very good compositions.
And it went on to high school.
I found writing to be one of the best ways through which I could express myself and so I kept many journals- A prayer journal, a song book, a schedule  diary(for assignments and all), a study plan book, and the biggest one in which I'd write (and still do), anything that came to my mind.
I LOVE to tell stories!
Especially when I know that whatever I'm saying will positively impact another's life, I'll tell it.

Yvonne Makena once mentioned about Kambua Manundu's blog. At that time, it went in passing but it later came to be rekindled in my mind (after I finished high school-2014) and I decided to check it out.
I was wow-ed! 👇
kambuam.blogspot.com
You'll love👌
Immediately, it occurred to me that there was really something I could do with my writing. A blog, being something that can last as long as the Internet exists, seemed like a good way to go.
And so I created it..

'The Laurel Wreath' is a crown of honour.. Uhm, let me just leave it at that for now because the rest of the story is quite long..

Anyway, let me get to the main point of this blog post.
Being an ardent reader, I come across quite a number of beautiful pieces, from books and other blogs which I'd love to share.
For this reason, I'll be attaching links in a couple posts so that you may also get to widen your reading scope and we enjoy and learn together..
I wouldn't want to copy-paste other people's material so I find this the best way to go.

So..
For today, I'll share with you something that resonates well with ladies more than it does with guys but I'm sure it'll be a lovely read for all anyway.

 This One:)  

Stay blessed.
Love,
Laura.


2 comments:

  1. Loving every post as they come.... cant wait for ur posts ..... especially the random ones.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcus..I'm very humbled.
      THANKYOU.
      I know our Father in heaven is smiling!
      blessings galore!!:)
      -Lau.

      Delete