Powered By Blogger

Thursday 24 March 2016

Happy Easter!

It's Easter Season! How great!!

I hope you're well and you're welcome here as always. Feel at home:)

Some time this semester I was walking to an ICT Practical lesson at the Computer Centre in Kenyatta University, then this song came to my heart...back in my primary school, we used to sing hymns (hymns are wonderful and deep!) using The Golden Bells (incase you're familiar with it), during school assemblies just to spice things up and add a musical touch. Good foundation, if you ask me. This happens to be one of the hymns we used to sing and all of a sudden it fell heavily in my heart:

'I belong to Jesus
'Twas a happy day
When His blood most precious
Washed my sins away
When His Holy Spirit
Changed my heart of stone
Set His mark upon me
Sealed me for His own

I belong to Jesus
So I'll try to spend
All my life in pleasing
My Almighty Friend
Since He is so Holy
I must watch and pray
That I may grow like Him
More and more each day'

Beautiful, yeah? :)
I'm certain there's one more verse or two, but that's actually all I can recall at heart and that's basically what I'd like to highlight today.

This is what I'm saying to myself this beautiful Easter Season, and I hope you will too..

I'm a Child of God. I belong to Jesus. I am His and He is Mine. And the price He paid on the rugged cross, that fateful day, is everything I need and more. His blood cleansed me anew. And the most beautiful thing is that that cleansing action is continuous, consistent, abundant, sufficient..because of the grace and mercy our Father grants us freshly every morning. Because of Jesus' selfless act, I am set apart as a beneficiary of grace and a hopeful human! A beautiful mark. I wanna be like Him and I want to work towards it. Amazingly enough, God provides all the guidance and grace that I need to do so.My Jesus is too sweet! My beloved friend... I have found ALL I NEED and more...

'At the cross at the cross
Where I first saw the light
And the burden of my heart rolled away
It was there by faith
I received my sight
And now I am happy all the day!'

Jesus Loves You more than you can ever imagine.

Happy Easter Beloved!:)

Blessings.



Karwirwa Laura #GodGurl

8 comments:

  1. Amazing word Laura. Am happy I read this today. God is mine and I am His. How fulfilling. Baraka tele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share the whole lyrics of the I belong to Jesus song..I can't seem to get it on the interwebs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhaa....Hymns are usually so deep.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please share it all I love it thank yoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's March Tweny-tweny-wan, am looking for lyrics of this song and they lead me to Laurel's...guthungu nayo! Happy to find you here lovely lady. I agree singing hymns in high school built a very strong Christian foundation for us. I was avoiding contacting my Golden Bells but lemmi do the needful and share the other stanzas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I belong to Jesus
    Therefore I can sing
    For am safe and happy
    Underneath His wing
    But so many round me
    Are all dark and cold
    I must try to bring them
    Into Jesus fold

    I belong to Jesus
    Soon He will be here
    If I love and trust Him
    What have I fear?
    Round about Him gathered
    Will His people be
    And am sure that Jesus
    Will remember me.

    Blessings y'all 💓

    ReplyDelete
  7. Took me back to Molo Academy back in the day. *sigh

    ReplyDelete