Powered By Blogger

Thursday 9 April 2015

I Don't Roll With Your Type!

Hey!:)

Here's a converstion between my good friend (who I'll call Noel) and I..

Noel: May I please ask you something?

Me: Aha..

Noel: You don't drink or smoke or do all those crazy stuff people do nowadays, right?

Me: Right.

Noel: So, I kind of have a problem here.I'm not sure if it's really a problem....

Me: Aha..
(I might have been sleepy or something..Haha..those one word answers!)

Noel: I tend to shun off guys who do that.People tell me I'm not perfect, which is true, so I shouldn't judge peeps who do that stuff.
Do you have friends who do that?

Well, the answer is yes.I am acquainted to a couple of young teens who have chosen to live that kind of life that my friend Noel was talking about.I totally understand what Noel was trying to say because many times I also found myself thinking that I should stay away, in fact flee, from such people.I didn't quite do that though, which also got some of my friends feeling like I wasn't being real with myself and my faith.
This was my reply to Noel's concern:

"I believe that shunning them away would not be the best thing to do.Just be the perfect example and you may find that they will desire to be like you someday."

Before I began texting back, I wasn't really sure about what I was going to tell Noel.(Considering that I'm equally not perfect, so I could well relate with his sentiment)By the time I was done typing, I was pleased and I just looked up and whispered, "thank you".
It was that "Aha!" moment..that moment when you really don't know what to say then the Holy Spirit guides you.

Truth is, the Bible is such an amazing book, but not everyone will read it.Instead, they will watch you.In the simple way you live your life day after day, you can change the life of another person who really wishes they could do things right in their own lives.Your life in itself can be an entire sermon, enough to spark up in someone the desire to know God and to live in accordance to His will.

I was born of Christian parents.Going to church was a norm.And I believe my parents have raised my brother and I well enough to sustain us in the ways of God.That's me.It's probably the same for you.But you know what?The case is not similar for everyone.There are people who desperately desire to change their lives for the better but they do not know where to begin.Some may be arrogant, I know..but that's where patience comes in.
Matthew 5:13-16 talks of us being the salt and light of the world.
I recall this song we used to sing back in nursery school:"I want to shine, shine, shine..I want to shiiiinnneee.I want to shine, shine, shine..I want to shiiiinnnee.When people see me, they see you Jesus!I want to shine!Oh my Lord I want to shine"

Need I say more?

 To read more on self righteousness, kindly click here. 

The next time you're about to utter, "I don't roll with your type"..kindly remember that Jesus wouldn't do the same..

It's been a long time coming since I posted due to technical issues..
Keep reading now:)

Lots of Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment